Today Ray and I celebrate 21 years of marriage and 22 years of being together.
We’re going out next week together alone.
So hard to believe!
Happy 21st, Ray.
It’s been hell.
We have faced so many difficulties in our marriage, that I think most couples would’ve divorced a long time ago.
By God’s grace we are still together.
I thought I’d list 22 of Ray’s strengths:
- Saved since he was 5 years old and understands the Father heart of God.
- A warrior for God, like King David and his mighty men.
- Nice-looking, especially in a black tux, military fatigues and tshirt, jeans, and cowboy boots!
- Very pretty blue eyes. When he gets excited, really happy or really mad, his black pupils become enormous. I envy them as my pupils always look tiny.
- Physically very strong- has years of experience and a blackbelt in martial arts.
- I love his hands. They comfort me. My 2nd fave body part of his. 😉
- The most intelligent man I’ve ever met. (Seriously, the dude is like a walking encyclopedia. Don’t ever play Trivia Pursuit with him; you’ll lose!)
- Hilarious. No matter how hard our marriage has been or what we have gone through, Ray can always make me laugh! He’s extremely funny and has a very quick and dry wit.
- Amazing singing voice.
- Has been a Godly, good father to my oldest daughter Heather (child from my first marriage) -Ray has been the father she desperately needed and longed for. She considers him her father. She even had her last name changed to “Jones” before she was married to let Ray know that to her, he’s her “real dad.”
- Gave me the gift of our youngest daughter Leah.
- Came as a package deal – blessed me with another daughter, Eden.
- Very gifted spiritually – has multiple spiritual gifts (has a nations/missions calling).
- One of the best preachers and teachers I’ve ever heard in my life.
- Voracious reader so he’s knowledgeable and interesting to talk with.
- Compassionate toward people and animals.
- One of the most merciful people I’ve ever met in my life (non-judgmental), sometimes to his own detriment. But the merciful shall obtain mercy. On the contrary, he calls me la belle dame sans merci (the beautiful lady with no mercy).
- He hates religion and religious spirits and exposes them.
- Excellent paramedic and has brought back many people who died with his skills; I’d trust him with my life.
- Cooks the best Cajun grilled chicken I’ve ever tasted; he’s infamous for this chicken among family and friends (as well as his holiday ham).
- Was a superhero in Haiti after the big earthquake and is a hero everyday in his work.
- Has stayed with me for 22 years…despite myself. 🙂
Twenty-two years. That’s a long time.
Thank you, Ray.