I love to travel. It makes me so happy to go new places, meet new people, try new foods and experiences. Even if it’s just to a new town or another state.
I’m planning a potential trip to Longview, Texas in mid-April 2015. If you know of an event planner, an organizer, or anyone with a business organization or ministry who needs a speaker while I’m there, please contact me here.
I can speak just for 10 or 15 minutes or up to an hour. I’d love to share at a business breakfast or coffee, Christian women’s Bible study or book study, a Sunday church service, or an entrepreneur’s business luncheon.
My speaking topics include:
- The Power of Shoes (my signature talk on walking in your God-given purpose and using your gifts, based on the story of Cinderella);
- Share Your Story (using speaking and writing your book to share God’s message burning in your heart; the theme songs are Francesca Battistelli’s songs, Write Your Story, and He Knows My Name;
- Authentic Love (God doesn’t lie; His Promises are true), based on my memoir book, Promises In The Dark: One Woman’s Search For Authentic Love;
- and more. I respect time constraints and can tailor my presentation according to the need. Let me know if you need a speaker!
While in Texas, I hope to also have some FUN. I’ll be there too early to enjoy the Great Texas Balloon Race, begun in 1979.
The colorful balloons supposedly are flown by some of the best pilots in the nation and even the world. I love seeing the bright balloons in the sky.
I’d rather ride in one, than just watch. Our daughter Heather and I both have a hot air balloon ride on our bucket list. What’s on your bucket list?
One thing I’ve always wanted to do is visit a vineyard. Longview has some. I almost never drink, but I’d like to do a wine tasting of various, fine wines with hors-d’oevres.
Enoch’s Stomp Vineyard restaurant has prime rib, salt crusted, slow roasted and smoked, served with roasted garlic au jus and sauteed vegetables (that’s the steak juice and veggies in butter, y’all!). I can see Ray drooling now…my husband is a meat man. There’s nothing he likes better than a good, grilled steak!
I love this pic of a woman holding a cluster of purple grapes at the Fairhaven Vineyard. The grapes are so beautiful and look so delicious. Reminds me of the movie with Keanu Reeves, A Walk in the Clouds, when the women are stomping on the grapes.
The Los Pinos Ranch Vineyard’s menu includes:
- a truffled spanish omelette, caviar, and creme fraiche;
- meats and aged white cheddar cheeses served with flat bread;
- a baguette, olive oil, garlic and basil dipping sauce, sharp cheddar cheese, salami, mediterranean olives, grapes, puff pastry;
- steamed mussels;
- garlic shrimp;
- lobster meat and crab claws;
- fried calamari;
- and more.
Doesn’t that sound just divine?! My mouth is watering. Maybe Ray and I could eat at one of these places (then we’d have to survive on peanut butter sandwiches the rest of the trip! lol). Actually, the prices weren’t THAT high (high enough!).
I’m getting excited. Do you have any recommended sites or activities for the Longview, TX area? Leave your comments below.
Remember, if you know an event planner or someone who needs a speaker in mid-April, contact me here.