This week I had my Facebook Virtual Book Launch Celebration for my first ever fiction eBook, Storm Tossed, which became an Amazon Best Seller in its category and sub-categories the FIRST day. Thank you for helping to make this possible!
During the launch, I shared encouraging Scriptures and inspiring quotes, and asked questions about storms. I thought I’d share them here with you for you to think, pray, and journal about today. Feel free to answer one or some of these in the comments below.
1. Have you been in a hurricane or another disaster? Share a little about it-what happened, when, and where?
2. What spiritual or emotional storms have you been through in life? For example, mine would be my difficult marriage with Ray for 23 years. We’ve faced his career struggles, financial hardship, foreclosure of our home, bankruptcy, health issues, and so much more. You can read more about this in my memoir, Promises In The Dark: One Woman’s Search for Authentic Love. (By God’s grace we’re still together!)
3. What did God teach you through the storm? Many of the women who attended the event said that they had learned to rely on God during their worst moments, to know that He would never leave them.
4. Is there anyone or anything you’re putting your faith or trust in other than God? For example, we so often turn to other people, sex, food, money/success, addictions such as alcohol, drugs or pornography, entertainment, careers or ministry, social media, etc., to try to fill up that black hole inside of us, which is a God-void.
5. What can you do to experience more peace in your life? Have quiet time with God first thing in the morning? Talk with a friend over coffee? Go for a walk? Get a massage? Read a good book? Watch a chic flic? Take a hot bubble bath? Travel someplace new?
6. Rachel in Storm Tossed doesn’t listen to her husband Jackson, their daughter Faith, or anyone to evacuate before the hurricane hits. Do you have trouble listening to God or others? I know for myself, this is an area I struggle with, but I’m trying to become a better listener!
7. Rachel was afraid in the hurricane, even though she tried to have faith. All she needed was mustard seed size faith! What area of your life do you need to trust God more? Study the scripture Matthew 17:20. Maybe even buy a mustard seed necklace as a visual reminder to trust in God.
8. Faith keeps her feelings private, except with her mom. Do you have a close friend to talk with about your problems and your feelings? Remember that Jesus is your Friend. You can always come to Him and talk about anything.
9. Rachel travels to the ocean in Destin, FL, in Storm Tossed to get away from everyone and everything to really think and pray about everything. What is your dream spot, some place where you’d love to go away alone for a break?
10. What storm are you going through right now in your life? Jesus is right there with you, just as He was with the disciples in the boat when they were terrified they would drown. (Matthew 8:23-27)
To find out more about my new fiction eBook, Storm Tossed, click here.
Watch the book trailer here.