All my life I’ve struggled with fear, primarily due to my childhood sexual and physical abuse. When you don’t feel secure in your environment and you never know what is going to happen to you, it leaves you with a sense of instability. God has done a great deal of healing in my life regarding fear. He’s taken me through difficult experiences throughout my life which taught me that I could rely on and trust in Him, such as:
- a parent’s and siblings’ alcoholism and drug addiction;
- an abusive former marriage;
- my daughter Heather’s brain surgery (you can read the miracle story in my new ebook; she completely recovered);
- our daughter Leah’s seizures (she’s miraculously healed now; her powerful story is in my ebook Walking With God);
- 3 head-on car accidents;
- 2 divorces;
- a tornado;
- a nephew who had spinal meningitis when he was a baby;
- bankruptcy and foreclosure of our home after my husband lost his full-time income;
- moves across the country;
- a relative suddenly saying he’s an atheist now;
- and many more things throughout my life.
Through everything in my life, God has been there faithfully. He is good and He cares about every aspect of your life. You don’t need to feel afraid. You can trust Him to watch over you, protect you, and love you unconditionally.
>God doesn’t want you bound in fear. Fear is a prison. It can hinder or stop you from your great purpose.
Jesus Christ came to set you free from that prison.
If you struggle with fear, I encourage you to take my upcoming workshop, Fearlessly Forward. It will encourage you and motivate you to push past your fear to fulfill the great plan God has for your life. (Jeremiah 29:11). That doesn’t mean that we won’t ever feel afraid.
Sometimes we have to do things afraid, like when I had my Facebook party last week. I’d never done one before. I was afraid I’d do something wrong or I’d run out of time to award prizes. But women came and were blessed. They had a lot of fun and so did I. It went great. I did it afraid.
Or maybe you’re wanting to apply for a new job, take a class, write a book, speak publicly, run a marathon, marry that special someone, get a medical procedure done, enroll in a mastermind group, take a leap of faith in your business – and you’re afraid. Whatever your fear is, God is bigger than it.
Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the LORD your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you.- Deuteronomy 31:6
You can find out more info about my upcoming virtual workshop by clicking here.