Image source: https://getbestmattress.com/insomnia-meme/
Last night I had insomnia (again), tossing and turning all night long, so this morning I’m running on some good, hot coffee and am “loaded for bear,” as my friend Suzy Bunton often says. Later today I’m sure that I will crash, taking a nap, even though it’s advised not to take a nap if you have insomnia!
I just changed my website header to a sunflower and recently finished writing the third and final book of my non-fiction Metamorphosis book series, Transformed From Despair to Hope, available for sale at Amazon here.
This is the last book that God told me to write, which makes me very happy–because I obeyed God (for once!), doing what He said to do.
If I were to die today, I’d have peace knowing that I had completed the books God told me to write. My friend Stephanie asked does that mean I won’t be writing any more books?
If Jesus tarries and I live longer, probably not. I believe I’ll be writing books the rest of my life! What has God told you to do? Are you doing it? What is holding you back?
Me & my books
For me, finishing writing the list of books that God spoke to me about is a HUGE accomplishment. I plan to celebrate soon by getting my hair done (trim, color, and blonde highlights)! Whenever you reach a goal, whether it’s big or small, I encourage you to reward yourself in at least some small way.
Maybe it’s a Starbucks coffee, savoring some chocolate, eating chips and salsa, having a tasty lunch or dessert with a friend, traveling to a new fun place, getting a mani or pedi, going for a walk on a nature trail or hiking a mountain, watching a chic flic, getting new Sharpie pens (or your fave brand), buying a cute pair of ripped jeans, taking a pottery class, or _______________ (you fill in the blank). Just be sure to celebrate your accomplishments!
My graphic designer at Fiverr, who I love, is pro_ebookcovers and she rocks! Below are all three book covers that she made for me for my butterfly Metamorphosis series–beautiful!
I love butterflies. For me, they are a powerful symbol–like the red male cardinal, the eagle, mourning doves, dolphins–of freedom and happiness. Whenever I see a butterfly or a red male cardinal (like I did yesterday outside the kitchen window, after tripping over a little girl right behind me in line at the store and badly skinning my knee; thank God she was okay!), I sense God’s Love for me and His presence.
red male cardinal
Image source: Pinterest
Usually I see a cardinal or butterfly on the worse days, and it always comforts me and lifts my spirits. These things are tangible signs to me that God loves me, He sees me, and He is here for me.
What signs do you see around you that speak to you about God and how much He cares for you?
The Bible shares about many signs from God:
- The sign of the Messiah who would crush the serpent’s head and save sinners (Genesis 3:15);
- The sign of the rainbow, of the covenant between God and the earth (Genesis 9:13);
- The sign Gideon asked God for, of the fleece wet with dew and then the ground wet with dew (Judges 6;33-40);
- The sign of the plagues on Egypt because Pharaoh’s heart hardened (Exodus 7-11);
- The miraculous parting of the Red Sea, so God’s people the Jews could escape bondage and go to their Promise Land (Exodus 14:21);
- An angel appearing to shepherds announcing Jesus’ birth and a host of angels praising God (Luke 2:8-20);
- The prophets foretelling of the Messiah in the Old Testament;
- Jesus turning the water into wine at the wedding in Cana (John 2:11);
- Jesus’ and the Apostles’ miracles (in the four Gospels and the book of Acts);
- The signs in the end times, spoken of by Jesus and in the book of Revelation.
Jesus on the cross
Although we shouldn’t base our lives and faith on outward, physical signs, they are important. Pay attention to signs and, like Mary the mother of Jesus, ponder these things in your heart. (Luke 2:19, 51)
Some signs you might notice are:
- God’s still small voice;
- Confirmation through God’s eternal word;
- A billboard or car bumper sticker;
- A hymn, worship, praise or other song on the radio;
- Nature–the sun, the moon, a rainbow, the stars, the wind, a storm, fresh flowers, animals;
- An encouraging rhema word someone speaks to you;
- Something amazingly wise and startling that a child says to you (for of such is the Kingdom of God!);
- A Divine appointment that is too interesting and timely to be just a coincidence!
“Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: Behold, a virgin will be with child and bear a son, and she will call His name Immanuel.” (Isaiah 7:14)