“Official” summer is almost here on the calendar, but in Missouri we are already feeling the heat. Although I am a winter girl myself (but love the spring and the fall, too) and I tend to wilt in the heat, there are things about summer that I just LOVE! Here are a few:
- A tall glass of iced, homemade lemonade (Ray made some today)
- Sandals or flip flops – and toenails painted a bright pretty color
- The smell of the salt ocean and the relaxing sound of the waves
- Cute, big beach towels
- The feel of the warm sun on my face outside, with a little bit of a breeze
- Beautiful fresh flowers in bloom
- Pretty floral sundresses
- Putting up my hair in a ponytail
- Going for a walk – without having to slush through ice or snow
- Birds chirping happily – my fave is the red cardinal
- Our kids swimming at the big community pool
- Our grandkids playing in their cute, little kids’ blue- fish pool
- Ray bbqing food on the grill, especially steaks, his famous Cajun chicken, cheeseburgers and hotdogs
- Butterflies and ladybugs
- The smell of freshly mown grass
- Sudden summer storms, when I can lay drowsily and comfortably in bed under the covers
- The greenness and life of trees, plants, and flowers after a summer rain – and the smell of the earth
- Get-togethers with friends – talking outside on our deck
- Listening to the music I love in the car with the windows down and my hair flying back, driving on the highway
- The smell of tanning lotion
- Taking a break from everything routine and going somewhere new on a road trip
- Capris and not too-short shorts, new cute summer fashion styles
- The slower pace which reminds me of the south, where I was raised (Valdosta, Georgia)
- The awesomeness of God in creating the seasons and everything & everyone in it!
What are some of your favorites about summer? Make a list and thank God for these blessings today.
I LOVE summer too – it is definitely my favorite season. I love how the sun relaxes me. I love taking walks outside. And I love caramel ice cream sundaes (which I have no taste for in the cold!)
I love being able to wear capris every day – I find them so much more comfortable than jeans.
I also love thunderstorms on a warm summer evening!
The sun is SO relaxing. I forgot walks and delicious ice cream sundaes – or maybe I should have the sundae and THEN walk! LOL.