I love Joyce Meyer. She’s an anointed speaker and writer. Her teachings are Biblically-based (although some people find her controversial!), real, very practical in the day-to-day living, and relevant to today’s times. She’s also hilarious! Joyce has now given a 30/30 study challenge. The goal of this challenge is reading the Bible for 30 minutes for 30 days.
She writes, “Think about it: 12 disciples turned the world upside down as a result of following Jesus. Is the Church at large today turning the world to Christ? As I’ve prayed about this, I’ve come to a simple conclusion: If we don’t study God’s Word consistently and apply this truth to our lives, we will lack the power we need to mature in Christ and glorify God in the world.”
Hebrews 4:12 says, “The Word that God speaks is alive and full of power.”
I strive to have quiet time with God every day, usually first thing in the morning and last thing at night. Being humanly imperfect, I don’t always reach that goal. I felt Joyce’s challenge was a good way to start off the month of March. I began my challenge yesterday, March 1.
Some tips she suggests are:
- Begin with prayer, asking the Holy Spirit to be your Teacher;
- use a Bible translation you can understand;
- make it a priority every day;
- be flexible and have your study whenever is best for your schedule;
- meditate on verses you’ve studied throughout the day;
- if you’re struggling with an issue in your life, study scriptures which address that issue;
- you can use Bible study tools like concordances to help you go deeper, if you’d like;
- eliminate distractions like your cell phone, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, email and focus on God’s word;
- be consistent.
To find out more about Joyce’s challenge and to sign up, click here.
What about you? Will you join Joyce and me in the 30/30 challenge? What is an area you struggle with and will study?
You can study more than one! Mine are wealth (prosperity), business, and marriage.
Beth Jones, International Speaker